This is a self-extracting ZIP file or you may
Download "AccelViewTIFF.msi". This is a windows MSI installer file.
- Run Windows Explorer, locate the file "AccelVT.exe" that you downloaded and double-click
on it to run it. Select a folder to expand the installer files into then click "Unzip".
- After expanding the installer files, the installer will automatically be run, click the "Install"
button to install the plug-in/Active X control for the selected browser(s).
- Close all browser windows and restart your browser to activate the plug-in/Active X control.
- You may run the installer again and click "Uninstall" to remove the plug-in/Active X control from your system
and restore the original state of your system.
Note for Windows customers.
Acordex recommends that you consult your Windows Administrator before installing AccelViewTIFF on any "Windows Vista" or "Windows 7" operating system.
AccelViewTIFF requires that the "protected mode" feature in Internet Explorer (Version 7, 8, 9) be disabled. If it is not, AccelViewTIff will not be able to save or print images.
"Protected Mode" can be disabled by any one of the following methods:
- Manually controlling the protected mode status whenever you want to run AccelViewTIFF.
- Turning UAC (User Access Control) off
- Selecting the Internet Explorer "Security" tab, disable "protected mode" for "Trusted Sites". You would also need to define the sites of interest (eg - the USPTO website www.uspto.gov) as "trusted sites".
"AccelViewTIFF Installer.pkg" for OS X 10.5 and above
This installer should run automatically; if not double-click it.
- If you get a message saying it's "from an unidentified developer,"
see our help FAQ about GateKeeper
- Quit and restart your browser (Firefox or Camino) to activate the plug-in.
- Disable Quicktime TIFF viewing.
In Firefox, use the Tools->Add-ons menu->Plugins tab.
- If your browser is running in 64-bit mode you will get a yellow banner at the top of your browser window when opening an image with Accel ViewTIFF. You will need to click on "restart in 32-bit mode".
- You may run the installer again and click
remove the plug-in from your system.
Note for Firefox 12 users.
You will need to remove Quicktime from your Internet plug-ins folder in order to use Accel ViewTIFF.
Note for Safari users.
Acordex Imaging recommends Firefox or Camino for great features and flexibility,
including Accel ViewTIFF compatability.
For OS X 10.8, Acordex recommends Camino.
Unfortunately, Safari does not allow plug-ins
to handle images, so Accel ViewTIFF cannot work with Safari.
What to do next
Open our test images. after installing Accel ViewTIFF.
Buy. The trial version of Accel ViewTIFF
is fully functional, but your evaluation will expire in 15 days.
Purchase Accel ViewTIFF
before your trial expires!
If the Accel ViewTIFF plug-in/Active X control doesn't seem to be working,
check these troubleshooting ideas:
If you purchased a license more than 6 months ago
you will need to
purchase an upgrade license.
Installing a new version will not work with your existing license.
If you have an existing license for Accel ViewTIFF, you may qualify for
Accel ViewTIFF upgrade discount.
To make web sites that share scanned documents with
Smart Phones and Tablet users,